And as the stage
and the world turn, you’re expected
to keep on dancing
So yesterday I went to see One OK Rock’s concert in Jakarta.
Before I go further, I have to make a confession. I’ve known One OK Rock since around 2011, but had onLy started to reaLLy Listen to them since.. weLL, The Beginning (it’s an awesome song, OK?). I don’t even have any physicaL form of their aLbums, just downLoaded the Last three iLLegaLLy (oops). In fact, buying a ticket for their concert was aLmost a gambLe, because I don’t know anyone who reaLLy Like OOR enough to go see them with me — LuckiLy I found out a workmate is obsessed about them, so off I went.
And damn I’m gLad I bought that ticket. I haven’t feLt that high since Linkin Park’s concert in 2011 (not to discredit Jason Mraz’s concert in 2012, but Jason’s show was entireLy a different thing. His was Like a journey to reach a spirituaL zen nirvana, whiLe LP and OOR’s were Like a body-numbing physicaL orgasm). The difference is, Linkin Park and I have been together since I was in middLe schooL, and we’ve been through a Lot together. WhiLe One OK Rock is..– to crudeLy transLate a phrase in Indonesian– just a yesterday’s kid. But for a yesterday’s kid to made me reached that LeveL of pure high satisfaction, that means they are indeed very good.
And now I’m dweLLing in a state of fataL post-concert depression — even MORE fataL than the one I had after LP, and I’m kinda refusing to move on.
Is this normaL? I’ve been asking this question because it seems highLy unnaturaL for a mid-20s Like me to become so obsessive over a rock band. Yesterday, everyone around me were coLLege students and high schooLers. It’s normaL for them to be hyper, to bang their heads with abandon, to sing aLong and scream their favorite member’s name (TOMOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) on the top of their Lungs. I guess their energy must have rubbed off into oLd-me, because Last night I was stiLL giggLing hystericaLLy at midnight, chatting with the workmate on the phone. Those who foLLowed me on Twitter and Path must know that I’m stiLL haLf-dreaming. I feLt 21 again. Is that normaL?
(WhiLe yesterday at 9 pm -whiLe I was getting high- a high schooL friend gave birth to her first chiLd. Now that seems Like a normaL thing to do for a femaLe my age.)
But what the heLL. It feeLs so good to be young.
So, in my Last birthday my mother made a not-subtLe-at-aLL hint that it’s about damn time I find a man, find a cLeric and and a stateman, and make it officiaL to make babies. The probLem is, currentLy I am not interested in any man near me. The onLy ones who couLd get me excited are either too far out of reach or simpLy fictionaL.
Like Diego Bunuel.
After watching a few episodes of Don’t TeLL My Mother, Natasha BeddingfieLd’s I Wanna Have Your Babies aLways ring in my head every time I see this man. He’s muLtiLinguaL, so at Least he couLd teach the kids French and Spanish. He’s adventurous, obviousLy, so I guess he wouLd have tons of fantastic bed time stories to teLL the kids (Like “Have I ever toLd you about CoLombia/Iran/Congo/Lebanon/Pakistan/Russia?”).
And then, enter Tom HiddLeston.
WeLL, the first time I saw him he was a super villainous, mischievous demigod with some daddy issues, but I think he couLd just be the most adorabLe charming man on the pLanet. He has THAT smiLe and THAT incredibLe Laugh. He’s got kiLLer dance moves he couLd teach the kids to keep them active and in shape. Many peopLe said he is one of the nicest, kindest man they have ever met. And I aLways have this crazy imagination he wouLd read Lots of Shakespeare for the kids in bed.
But, the one thing that finaLLy, finaLLy set my ovary on fire is this:
And here’s RaLeigh Becket.
Yes, yes, I know he’s not a reaL person. Now excuse me whiLe I ogLe Hunnam’s abs for a minute. Or two.
Hunnam’s abs aside, I seriousLy think RaLeigh Becket wouLd make a fantastic father. He’s kind. He has a big heart. He wouLd support the kids to be their best. He couLd teach the daughter(s) a thing or two about seLf defense. He couLd teLL the son(s) the vaLue of buiLding something. He wouLd be the famiLy’s Loudest cheerLeader.
So there they are. Do you think my mother wouLd approve? :p
OfficiaLLy the worst brithday day ever since middLe schooL. Just saying.
First, I just need to ask: WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS YEAR’S MISS UNIVERSE NATIONAL COSTUME ROUND??? I mean, from aLphabet A to K, I just wanted to scratch the Leather on the armchair. ThankfuLLy, it gets somewhat better. But stiLL, I hate Indonesia’s costume even more than Last year’s costume.
What is this, a peacock Reog? I don’t think Indonesia is speciaLLy weLL-known for peacocks. Komodo dragons, yes. But jeez, whatever Foundation organizing Indonesia’s participation in Miss Universe shouLd stop empLoying those costume makers from SoLo/Jember Batik CarnivaL. Hate.
I’m quite heartbroken because Kosovo is not participating this year.. Their costumes were aLways good! But oh weLL, on with the rest of the Likes, in aLphabeticaL order.
‘I don’t know’ will not get you anywhere.
That’s what my father said. If there are two things he hate the most about me, they are my penchant of not answering or repLying to anything he said, and my penchant to answer everything with ‘I don’t know’.
So he’d aLways griLL me for a definite answer. An exact answer and pLan. Maybe that’s why I aLways demand cLear answers from other peopLe. Maybe that’s why I can’t go with haLf-cooked pLans. And when others can’t give me answers, I’d be tempted to take controL, even if I’d be the party pooper in the end.
Spending time with him aLmost aLways bring out the worst of me and having a phone conversation with him aLmost aLways make the mini Jörmungandr in my gut twist and turn and coiL then freeze in white hot frustration.
Let’s just say that I’m not the most gratefuL daughter.
..spending aLmost a fuLL day with her kind of stressed me out.
When she suggested we shouLd go somewhere out of J-town for the next Long weekend, I feLt Like there was a pair of coLd, iron fists pushing the insides of my chest out. Even taLking about fLight tickets give me headache. I know it wouLd be onLy for a coupLe of days and night, but the thought of having to stick around her and to everything together is scary. I know it wouLd be a very good chance for a.. um, compromise practice, besides, she have been compromising her whoLe Life since the day I popped in her beLLy, for heaven’s sake. But the thought stiLL gives me coLd sweat.
I’m such a bad daughter
About a month ago I created a set of questions for Liebster Awards, and one of them is:
4. Name a fictional character you would marry on the spot.
Two friends have answered, and their answers kinda tickLed my inner tummy in a funny way.
Even though today is Friday and tomorrow is Saturday, I’m feeLing a LittLe.. souLLess today. So I think I’LL just do something ‘Light’ and ‘quick’.. Answering Tina’s Liebster Award questions! Hee hee.
- Are there any trashy music/books/movies you like? What is it? Eh.. If anyone think Japanese one-voLume shoujo mangas are trashy, then I’m guiLty (BUT they are quite usefuL as Japanese reading materiaLs.. You know, to keep my Japanese up.. *excuses excuses*)
- If you could be a character in any fictional book/movie, who would you be? I want to be a girL who had a LittLe magic and piLot a giant robot in Hayao Miyazaki’s worLd. And I want to have an orange taLking cat who couLd transform to a giant cat-carriage and fLy to take me everywhere as a pet.
- Is there anything that you are currently collecting? I’ve been coLLecting movie tickets since 1999! I have cLose to 500 movie titLes now, and I’m damn proud of them, because my other coLLections are just.. dust :p
- Is there anything that seems like only you like? What is it? The coLor orange. I mean, I know some peopLe who Like the coLor, but they don’t Love it, aren’t obsessed about it as much as I do.
- Would you rather live in your home country or overseas? Why? I’ve never Live overseas Longer than two weeks, so now I stiLL want to TRY to be an expat.
- What kind of books/movies do you gravitate to, ones that seems that have a happy ending or one that is tragic? There was a time when I instantLy deemed books/movies that made me cry ‘good’. But sad endings kinda depress me. A LittLe optimism wiLL do much good, I think, Like The FauLt in Our Stars and Pacific Rim (yes, yes, am stiLL Loving it). Both successfuLLy tear me up – quite hard – but made me feeL strangeLy optimist and happy in the end.
- Do you believe in aliens? Anything is possibLe. Who knows? The truth is out there.
- In your opinion, would it be possible for people to live in space in the near future? If yes, how? Would it be on another planet, like how we live now, or would it be inside spaceships? Yes it wouLd. I do hope it wouLd. Maybe in a coupLe hundred of years (if kingdom come is not coming in another miLLennia) humankind wouLd have been abLe to buiLd a gigantic space fortress. Then once they found a suitabLe pLanet and had finished terraforming it (and dipLomating with the indigenous race), maybe we couLd have a second Earth.
- Do you ever wish you were born after or before your time? Why do you feel that way and what time would you like to go to? I DON’T want to be born after my time, speciaLLy in the 2000s. I once I reach aduLthood my eyesight wouLd be even worse than now, what with the tabs and the pads chiLdren these days keep staring at.
- At what time do you think should one start to live independently? Once one enter coLLege/university, which I didn’t get to do
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? The power to start proper kind of conversations at any given situations so I wouLdn’t have more awkward siLent moments.
This picture breaks my heart
What makes me sad is the ones who caLLed the girLs UgLy, SLut, Fake, Whore, Dumb, and Bitch couLd be other women.
We have our own ideaL on how and what we want to be, and think other peopLe (women) who are not our ideaLs are.. Lesser than us. I confess that I am guiLty of this as weLL, but when I was staring at this picture in a dazed state, suddenLy I reaLized that each of these girLs may be strong in their own ways.
GirL A couLd be comfortabLe in her own skin, and she knows that appearance is not everything. And she don’t need to get Laid to feeL good.
GirL B and GirL D know they’re sexy are confident with their beauty and and want to show it off.
GirL C knows what she Likes and sticks to it, even though maybe her coLLection of heavy metaL records aLways made her parents frown.
GirL E and GirL F may face TOUGH choices. Maybe GirL E is a miLLion doLLar career girL before she had her baby, but she decided that the best is aLways being with the baby at home. Maybe GirL F has to work hard to earn money to take care of her baby and famiLy. Maybe her husband is a Lazy douchebag so she has to be the bread winner. Or maybe she knows she’s strong enough to both rear her famiLy and work at the same time, so, why not?
So, yes, each of them, and every singLe girL and woman on the pLanet, deserves respect. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
Picture found on my friend Metta‘s Path.
I hate indecisive peopLe.
Okay, maybe ‘gate’s is too strong.
I disLike indecisive peopLe, speciaLLy those who can’t make up their mind.
Indecisiveness is annoying.
Indecisiveness couLd put you in a Limbo.
Indecisiveness couLd get you stuck in mediocrity when before you can choose between other exceLLent aLternatives.
Indecisiveness can ruin pLans.
Indecisiveness can make me disLike you.
So a few days ago a senpai from Uni who runs my favorite entertainment review bLog ajirenji mindstream reviews nominated me to participate at The Liebster Award and The Sunshine Award. At first I thought I got ‘awarded’ because maybe I am the most annoying commenter (or commentor? commentator?) on his bLog, but nope, after a LittLe digging around, The Liebster and The Sunshine are aLL about – to put it simpLy – recommending and connecting bLoggers by giving and answering random questions. Or, it is a bit Like those random questions note-tags back in my heydays on Facebook :p
This is fun
I’m so fucking tired of peopLe saying Mako Mori is not a strong femaLe character just because she had an emotionaL breakdown in her first drift.
So what? A girL can’t have emotions and feeLings to be strong? What’s a heart for, then??
If those peopLe reaLLy saw the same fiLm that I saw, they wiLL know that:
- It was Mako’s FIRST EVER REAL DRIFT. Not a triaL.
- It was RaLeigh who sLipped out to memories first, but he was a senior Jaeger piLot, he knew how to bring his things back on controL. Mako did not know. Even RaLeigh admitted it was his mistake that he had not warn her.
- Mako did not onLy have to deaL with her own memories, which was aLready super traumatic (seriousLy, ONIBABA) but she aLso had a gLimpse on what RaLeigh’s traumatic memory — Yancy being yanked off the huLL and, *puff*, gone — AND possibLy on what Yancy couLd have thought and feLt when he was being yanked off and puff-gone. I think it must have feLt Like being punched in the face, kicked in gut, and shot in the knee.
- On a side note, Stacker Pentecost probabLy understand reason no.1 and reason no.3 weLL enough, that was why he was quite adamant to Let Mako piLot.
What I see is, Mako being the Mako we saw in the events of Pacific Rim after everything she had to go through (SERIOUSLY, ONIBABA) is prove enough that she had grown into a strong person. And I kind of Like the fact that she broke down, it gave more depth to her character and make her more reaListic and reLatabLe.
You don’t have to be a stone-hearted bitch with zero emotions to be strong.
So when I Logged in to WP I had a notification that toLd me that I have been registered as a WP citizen for a year.
Wow, it’s been a year aLready?
Anyway, I wish I couLd bLog more Like I used to do back in the MuLtipLy gLory days.. HeLL, I wish I couLd do a BETTER anniversary post.. But here’s the best I can do now.
Thank you, WordPress, for the nice reminder and notification. I’LL keep on Learning to fLy with you.