So a few days ago a senpai from Uni who runs my favorite entertainment review bLog ajirenji mindstream reviews nominated me to participate at The Liebster Award and The Sunshine Award. At first I thought I got ‘awarded’ because maybe I am the most annoying commenter (or commentor? commentator?) on his bLog, but nope, after a LittLe digging around, The Liebster and The Sunshine are aLL about – to put it simpLy – recommending and connecting bLoggers by giving and answering random questions. Or, it is a bit Like those random questions note-tags back in my heydays on Facebook :p
This is fun 😀 😀
THE SUNSHINE AWARD
Before we got to the fun Q&As, here’s the ruLe for Sunshine Award
- Answer the 10 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you, Link back, and include the Sunshine award logo at your post/blog.
- Nominate 10 of your blogger friends for the award and give them 10 questions from you (or just use the previous questions from the previous blogger just like me — since I’m too Lazy to make a new set of questions)
- Notify the bloggers you nominate that they are nominated for The Sunshine Award!
Now, here goes..
- Favorite Actor/Actress
I just can’t decide between CiLLian Murphy or RaLph Fiennes.. And Tom HiddLeston is certainly not helping..
*nope, not going to attach any pictures of them because I’m too Lazy*
- Favorite Book
(Oh this one is easy) The Sandman The Dream Hunters by Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano. I have to admit, it was the Amano factor that made me grab the book in the first pLace, but then it introduced me to the wonderful Mr. Gaiman. Plus, other ‘background factors’ when I bought it were so sweet.. *jumps to nostalgia mode*
- Favorite Food
Chicken and cheese and curry. I’d have them all in one dish. And after that, chocoLates.
- Favorite Drink
MineraL water. My cousin said I’m a hermit because I never drink anything but mineral water since I was a kid.
- Favorite Dessert
Please don’t make me answer this. It breaks my heart.
- Favorite TV Show
- Favorite Cinema
Plaza Senayan XXI. But lesser points for the price 😦
- Favorite Animal
Cats and every kind of their big felines kin. But I aLso have super soft spots for elephants and turtles/tortoises.
- Favorite City
Solo, Indonesia, and Kyoto, Japan. Both have lots to do outside the roof of shopping malls and the food scene can really bust my diet in just one day.
- Favorite Music Video
Chrisye’s Kala Cinta Menggoda. It’s a bit cheesy, but I Love the toned-down goLds and gLams and the Indonesiana costumes..
But aLas, there was no video of it that does not contain karaoke Lyric text.. So I’m just going to do with the second -cLose- favorite:
Smashing Pumpkins’ Tonight, Tonight.
Phew. One down, one more to go.
THE LIEBSTER AWARD
*Liebster means ‘beloved’ in German
The Liebster aLso has it’s own set of ruLes, which are:
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you, and answer the questions asked.
- Tag 11 other blogs for the award and include a link to their blog.
- Notify the nominated bloggers that an award awaits them.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions of your own. — dang, no crack that I couLd sLack off and just use the previous 11 questions..
- Put the Liebster Award Logo in the post.
11 Random Facts
- A self-proclaimed Orange Ranger. In the aLternate universe of any Power Ranger series, I would be replacing Ranger Pink.
- My favorite meal of the day is lunch, because it can be a social meal or an antisocial one, based on my mood of the hour.
- I LOVE eating onions. I hate peeling onions. Leveling up the Onion Knight job in Final Fantasy III frustrates me.
- Have a soft spot for Mandarin rom-com movies from the Late 90s – early 2000s.
- I used to dislike the color pink. But as I grow up I realized that I only don’t Like creamy, baby-ish pastel pinks, while bold, vivid pinks (pink jabLay Lah) are good.
- Four out of my top ten favorite fiLms are anime fiLms. (OriginaL feature ones, not the ones adapted from supermassive-succesfuL-hit series.)
- I Love reading mythologies since Elementary school. The Greek Mythology class was one of my favorite cLasses in college. I wish they had a world mythology cLass.
- UsuaLLy prefer sidekicks / The Second Man than the main guy.
- I’ve been coLLecting movie tickets since 1999. The first one is Enemy of the State. I Lament Blitzmegaplex’ tickets because THEY ARE NOT COLLECTIBLE DAMNIT.
- I am deeply in Love with my hair right now (can you tell that I’m starting to run out of ideas?)
- I will never grow too oLd for manga and anime.
The 11 Questions from Reino of ajirenji mindstream reviews and The Answers
- Movie franchise that satisfy you the most?
I think I’m quite satisfied with Harry Potter. When Harry Potter And The DeathLy HaLLows part B reached its end and rolled the credit titLe, I cried because I felt Like my adolescence have finally come to an end, too (mind you, it should have ended Loooong before HP ATDH-B came out).
- Actor/Actress that drives you to the theatres to watch his/her movies no matter what?
See the answer of question No.1 on the Sunshine Award section. Even when they would only be standing on the sidelines.
- Would you prefer Johnny Depp being dramatic (like in Finding Neverland, Public Enemies) or eccentric (like in everything else he’s done)?
Well.. He is good at both, but there’s only so MUCH eccentricity I can take from one man being many other men..
- Gunfight or swordfight?
- Do you think that The Amazing Spider-Man movie was really necessary?
It’s the one with Andrew GarfieLd, isn’t it? Well, from Andrew Garfield-wise, it was quite necessary. But otherwise.. I don’t think so.
- Most favorite Disney animation feature film (non-Pixar)?
A tie between Beauty and The Beast and The Little Mermaid.
- The movie that makes you craving for the food(s) shown on screen?
BasicaLLy everything directed by Hayao Miyazaki. His characters aLways eat with so much gusto that How’s Moving Castle made me crave sunny side up and bacons for breakfast even though I remember – years before HMC came out – the first time I tried bacon I threw up. I substituted them with sausages ^^.
- Indonesian folk tale that should be made into an epic fantasy movie?
Lutung Kasarung. Imagine a CGI-heavy man-ape (or an actor in a goriLLa-orangutan hybrid rubber suit) building a fairy animal kingdom in the depth of Java’s forest. And there would have to be a scene where a girl bathe in the river. And bare-chested men and women with ridiculously long locks in tube tops. And a giant rajawali – oh wait, there are no rajawalis in Lutung Kasarung.
Or the story of Roro Jonggrang and candi Prambanan. Or Gajah Mada of Majapahit on the brink of Perang Bubat. Or.. or.. *I’m going to stop for a while because cLearLy my imagination is having too much fun.*
*Okay, let’s continue.*
- Indonesian artist/musician whose songlist should be made into a musical?
Chrisye – because he’s the only Indonesian artist whose songlist is familiar to me. Oh, and Sheila on 7.
- Foreign film that would be great if adapted to Indonesian version?
*shudder* Maybe those sappy romance drama?
- Let’s say you’re extremely rich, which Indonesian director would you gladly fund at least 50 billion rupiahs to make a single movie?
So, who’s up to make a movie from Question no.8? Preferably not anyone backed by the Punjabis.
No one? Really, no one?
Okay then.. Lola Amaria, Teddy Soeriaatmadja, please come here and let’s have a marbLe-in-spoon race. The winner can take the check. Make anything you want with it.
Now, my 11 questions:
- Have you seen Pacific Rim and what do you think about it?
- What is the fictional place in films / books that you would happily spend the rest of your life in?
- If you couLd choose a non-humanoid fictional character to be your adopted brother/sister, who wouLd it be?
- Name a fictionaL character you wouLd marry on the spot.
- What book wouLd you recommend me (or everybody eLse on this PLanet Earth) to read and why?
- Do you have any favorite teen fLick / coming of age fiLm?
- If you had a chance, wouLd you be in a game show?
- What is more important for you, music or books?
- What was the Last movie / book / song that make you cry?
- I’m going to borrow Reino’s question, because I’m just curious what other answers there wiLL be — Indonesian foLk taLe that shouLd be made into an epic fantasy movie?
- Do you stiLL remember your first ever bLog post? What was it about? :p
Now, the hardest part is to choose the next nominees, because.. I don’t have that many bLogger friends or friends who bLog anymore 😦
But anyway, here are the nominees (no pressure to do this, feLLas, none at aLL) :
- she speaks movies – GirL, I know you’ve been nominated by a bunch others aLready, but I’m just going to nudge you anyway so you’LL write anything again soon.. PLus you’re one of the onLy two Legit bLoggers I personaLLy know :p
- Tina’s (or is it Bits of This And That ?) – because this girL can actuaLLy write stuffs
- my Fairy Park – from Friendster to Facebook to Twitter, and yes, I stiLL staLk your bLog sometimes :p
- I’m ‘me’ when you know it – it seems Life is keeping the girL busy, but it wiLL be nice to hear from her soon 🙂
- A Piece of My Chaotic Mind – maybe you can do this when you’re dead bored at the office? Hee hee.
- The Damsel of All Trades – I know Missus is busy preparing for her wedding, but just maybe.. :p
- I wouLd Love to nominate Tokyobling , but it’s matsuri season in Japan and I bet he wouLd rather be out there soaking the fun and capturing goLden precious moments than sitting down to answer some siLLy random questions ^^
- That’s aLL, I guess.
- No, I said that’s aLL.