EarLier today One OK Rock (management) announced the dates for their 2016 Asia Tour and since then my pLayList is dominated by You’ve Broken My Heart – Mighty Long Fall – Heartache in no particuLar order.
Yep, they’re skipping Indonesia.
Insert every crying-bucket-of-tears Line stickers I own here.
ObviousLy there are a LOT of WHYs thrown around, pLus some hystericaL bLaming games. I don’t want to make the water murkier, but since this is MY bLog, pLease aLLow me to throw in my two cents on the “why wouLdn’t One OK Rock come back to Indonesia”.
WARNING: this is going to be Long and fuLL of winding non-sense shits.
- SALES. To be totaLLy honest, I was super shocked when OOR announced they were coming to Jakarta back in 2013. Because NONE of their materiaLs had been officiaLLy reLeased and/or soLd in Indonesia. Not even the imported stuffs. I bet most kids in Indonesia get their OOR fiLL iLLegaLLy from the internet – me incLuded. Even now, Less than a month from the reLease of 35XXXV Deluxe Edition, Warner Music Indonesia is stiLL teasing and staLLing because they’re afraid nobody wouLd buy it and just downLoad it from the internet. Heck, I bet OOR Jakarta 2013 concert (Let’s just caLL it OORJC13 from now) was not a soLd out one.
- THE LOCAL PROMOTER. To be totaLLy honest, again, Nada Promotama was one of the shittiest promoter I’ve ever known. Back in 2013 they were not ready to handLe a concert by an internationaL artist. This promoter issue aLso encompass other issues such as a) Stage – even my campus couLd have provided a BETTER stage for smaLLer scaLe musicians.. Toru himseLf said the stage in Indonesia was NOT SAFE; b) Venue – the Jakarta venue is, frankLy, the most pitifuL venue of aLL WAYWAW tour venues; c) Security; d) InabiLity to controL attendees – to be further discussed on point no.3 – and handLe scaLpers; e) Bad post-saLes service, aka we have not even received the photos from the meet & greet, untiL this very second.
Quite admirabLy, Nada Promotama had the nerve to issue a statement that they had done everything they couLd to bring OOR back, but eventuaLLy they faiL because.. see point no.4
- FANS ATTITUDE. Lining up.. fuck it, most Indonesians’ skuLLs are just too thick to get the concept of queuing and Lining up in order into their brains. HyperboLic hysteria.. sorry, most Indonesian girLs grew up watching exaggerated hyperboLic tv dramas. Fancams.. are trickier, because I do enjoy the outcome of those fancams too ^^; but it was annoying to have the person next to you or in front of you recording of taking pics during a concert. I wonder how it wouLd Look Like from the artist’s point of view on the stage. Or did Ryota actuaLLy got angry because he couLdn’t find his name on the fan message banner? Or was Taka offended because our singaLong overpowered his voice during Wherever You Are? I’M SO SORRY.
- SCHEDULING CONFLICT. Yes, to be perfectLy honest, again, I thought they’re onLy going to start touring Asia and Europe on March, with the cLimate as the main consideration. But in their statement Nada Promotama said OOR “does not have much time so they only included Singapore in this tour”. WeLL, the band has constantLy surprised me with the break-neck speed of their touring. So my guess is they’re rushing Asia in January, on to AustraLia and South America during the summer on February, then to Europe when it hopefuLLy starts to get warmer on March? And then Back to Warped Tour on May – JuLy? Then back to Japan for the summer festivaL season? Then when wiLL they have time to come to Indonesia? *Insert every crying-bucket-of-tears Line stickers I own here*
- ONE OK ROCK AND AMUSE SIMPLY DON’T CARE. Some Indonesians wouLdn’t even part with a singLe penny to buy an oficiaLLy reLeased CD, never mind a concert ticket.
- WE INDONESIAN FANS ARE NOT AS AWESOME AS THE FILIPINO FANS. My deepest, sincerest congratuLations to Filipino OORers, you guys are admirabLe and seriousLy YOU GUYS EARNED IT. Kudos to you! I’m seriousLy considering fLying to ManiLa to see the boys with you :’)
I got to stop I’m crying right now. Good goodbye.